I recently put a post similar to this one in the Tiny Light Foundation family forum thing and it gave me an idea.
For some people summer begins on the date in their calendar. For others it begins as soon as summer actually decides to show up. For me it starts on that last day of school.
I begin making plans for summer long before the last day. Then after, when I really realize that I now have two whole months totally free, even more ideas come up. I used to go to an all-year-round school so we got one month off in December, April, and August. So now having two months of summer still seems like a lot!
Summer is a good time to have fun and get things done. Here's what I hope to accomplish:
1) Keep my room clean
2) Teach myself to play My Wish by Rascal Flatts on the piano
3) Raise as close to $5000 as I can (to go to Kenya and help build a school in the spring)
4) Go camping
5) Learn more sign language
6) Go down the channel in Penticton
7) Go for a very long bike ride
8) Bake a pie
9) Finish Math 10
10) Spend lots of time with my family and friends
11) Do some yoga
12) Go swimming
13) Try a food I've never tried or thought of trying
14) Make butter like I did in kindergarten
15) Take lots of pictures
Whenever I do something from this list, I will post about it and hopefully include pictures :)