- traveling back to Ghana and seeing the school completed, and working on another
- starting my "Word of the Month" focus and posts
- some big Make BC Smile projects with Jenna, and more people getting involved
- helping a mother and daughter connect for the first time
- got a new tattoo that has a special meaning
- participating in Miss BC 2014
- graduated high school
- went to Arizona for leadership training
- had some much needed mother-daughter time in Mexico
- started a new job as a cashier at Save on Foods
- completed a fantastic first semester at Simon Fraser University
And there's so much more! I ran workshops, did presentations, and met some fabulous people. One more nice thing about 2014, there was NO hospital stays! I don't remember when I could last say that about an entire year. Of course there were appointments and tests here and there, but no surgeries, procedures, or being really sick. There were many highs and many lows, and it was a year of countless changes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have grown so much and am even more ready to take on the world.
It's nice to be able to sit down to reflect, and I'm really looking forward to the adventures that 2015 brings. I'm loving my job, can't wait to start my next semester of university, and am so excited to be traveling to India in the summer to do more development work. I've been trying to think of some goals but I think I'll just make mini goals as I go. I think my mom would like one of my goals to be keeping my room clean, so let's throw that one out there.
Other than that, I hope to continue my Word of the Month posts (or at least continue to focus on a word each month), have another successful Make BC Smile Week, work on my book some more, start a Pay it Forward project, and just enjoy this wonderfully beautiful life as much as possible!
All the best for the New Year! I hope 2015 brings you many wonderful moments.